Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A self-professed deity

My kids got their school report cards today (and yes, I do feel ridiculous even saying that about my 3 and 5 year olds, so let's not dwell to much on it, OK?). Each came with a "self evaluation " page the child had filled out about him/herself; Evan had dictated his favorite things about school and illustrated the page, and Julia had answered a handful of questions about the school year and herself.

"What do you think you are not so good at?" one of the questions on Julia's self evaluation asked. Julia answered with the kind of cocky self assurance only a 5 year old could possess. "I am good at everything," she wrote. At least, that's what Julia meant to write. She missed one of the o's in good, however, resulting in a sentence that actually read "I am God at everything."

I love you dearly kiddo, but I daresay you aint so God at spelling.

5 Comments:

Blogger Suburban Hippie said...

I don't know, Rebecca -- maybe she was telling the truth. She's pretty supernaturally smart, after all.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Going Like Sixty said...

LOL - tuck that away in a very safe place!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I trust that one is in her memory book -- and might make the holiday "newsletter" as well?! Hilarious!!

7:42 PM  
Blogger jordan said...

I hope to God you are framing that. I'm actually thinking of making it into a T-shirt for her. Too funny!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

That is just too funny. Love it! Definitely one for the memory book.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home