Friday, September 22, 2006

Mr. Murphy is alive and well and living in London

It's been a long, frustrating 2 weeks here without my own personal barrista. God knows, I've tried my best. I've tinkered. I've tweaked. I've started from scratch again and again. Admittedly, I've made far too many defeated trips to Starbucks. But I also persevered. And today, I finally did it. I mastered the crappy little coffee pot here and I made myself a decent cup of coffee.

I knew the minute I smelled the fresh brewed aroma that I had finally hit the jackpot. One look at the liquid pouring into the pot confirmed my success. "This is it," I crowed happily, anticipating the perfect combination of caffeine and flavor. I poured myself a cup, victorious...

... and then discovered that the milk had soured overnight.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you did not pack up your coffee maker. Simply, this would have been a deal-breaker for me. Can Keurig ship you one to your new home?

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is wrong on so many levels. And sucks to the nth degree!

Are you carefully measuring your coffee and water? I know many people do. I don't. I open the beans, throw 'em in the grinder and then think "That looks like it needs six cups of water". Sucks when I mess up, but those are the days I add more creamer, LOL Or am happy to share my coffee with my 2 year old. ;)

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home