Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Water, water everywhere and not a drop on me

It was raining when we sat down to breakfast this morning, but the sun had come out by the time I had to walk Julia to school.

That sun disappeared a short time later and the rain beat a steady tune on my windows all morning. Fortunately, the storm clouds had passed by the time I left for Evan's school run and the day was once again sunny and bright.

I was busy and not watching the windows again until it was time to head back for pickup. The sun was shining when I stepped outside, but the ground was freshly wet. Evan informed me as soon as I retrieved him that his class was unable to go out for recess because it had been raining too hard, but we walked home beneath sunny skies.

Do you think I should buy a lottery ticket?

3 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Sure...but, you might want to bring an umbrella along. Just in case!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Here in Canada (and probably in Britain), they call that the "Queen's Weather". Legend has it that either on the day of her coronation (or maybe it was her wedding day), whenever the Queen was inside it rained buckets, but when she had to venture out of doors, the sun invariably came out. :-)

8:41 PM  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

That happened to me yesterday. It was sunny turning a bit cloudy when we were leaving the house. During my process of getting the kids into car seats drops of rain started falling. As soon as I got into the car hail started falling but once I got where I was going it stopped. It is weird when stuff like that happens.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home