Thursday, March 13, 2008

Prioritizing

I had the best of intentions for this week, really I did. I was going to accomplish so many things, to channel my energy in such a way that I maximized my time and minimized my to do list.

None of it happened, of course. I was thwarted by the force of nature that is a Cranky Ill Child.

If I owe you a phone call or an email, so sorry for my silence. If you thought that you would see me somewhere this week, I apologize for my absence. If I've promised to get something to you, I hope you weren't in any rush. If you were looking for a blog post from me, I trust you've found more timely reading material elsewhere. If you thought I was actually going to feed your family an Easter dinner after you flew 3,000 miles to see us next weekend, uh... don't get your hopes up for anything spectacular.

My to do list only grew this week and my wheels spun mightily. But my Cranky Ill Child made his way back to quasi-health in time to dazzle the audience with his spellbinding performance in the role of Purple Butterfly #1 (or Purple Butterfly #2, maybe -- it was a little hard to tell) in his school concert.



There's always next week for the to do list.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

First of all, the pictures are adorable, but my, oh my, is he not going to like them someday....

Hope everyone is back to health, and that you can tackle some of that to do list someday (or be like me, and just ignore it as long as possible...) :)

6:03 PM  
Blogger Suburban Hippie said...

Yeah, Steph's thought was my thought; someday you can threaten to show that photo to his buddies on the team when you want to make him mind.

He looks awesome though.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Patois42 said...

Surely, the lad was Purple Butterfly Numero Uno.

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home