Wednesday, June 04, 2008

The loaves and the fishes

"Hey, Evan, want to know another great thing about New Jersey? In your New Jersey school, you'll get to celebrate Shabbat every Friday. Sometimes I'll even get to be the Shabbat Mom, which means I'll bring your favorite book and snack in to share with the class and then we'll all go to the sanctuary to sing songs and say prayers and eat challah and celebrate Shabbat together."

"Wow, really? That's great... Friday's already my favorite day because of the fish!"

"The fish?"

"Yeah... fish on Fridays. Fish and chips and challah on the same day will be great!"

Paul and Julia and I may be moving home, but I am beginning to suspect that Evan is going to find himself in a foreign country come August...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the Trolly serves fish & chips. I'll be happy to go there every Friday with Evan if you want!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Too cute. You're right, it will be a whole new world for Evan. I'm sure he'll be just fine though. Strange to think that he's the same age that Julia was when you moved over there! Is he coming home with a British accent?

6:00 PM  
Blogger Suburban Hippie said...

I love that! Talk about melding cultures. And I wanna know about the British accent too!

1:21 AM  
Blogger Patois42 said...

Crack me up!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home