Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Fun with stock photography part 2: in which it becomes clear that I can totally get away with pressing the search button instead of the shutter

Those who know my husband know that when he latches on to a new technology, he becomes fully obsessed with it. His new Blackberry is no exception. Yes, he's admittedly a bit late to the game where this particular technology trend is concerned, but never fear: he's making up for lost time by fiddling with the damn thing constantly. Every time I turn around, he's checking email or finding a weather forecast or sending a text message or discovering some amazing new feature which I must. drop. everything. to. admire. immediately. Forget photos of the backs of people's heads; I should really just be taking pictures of Paul playing with his Blackberry all over Europe.

I returned to the dining room table last night after a trip to the kitchen to raid the Halloween candy clear the dinner dishes and found Paul hunched over his Blackberry in a now-familiar pose. He had just pulled up my blog entry from earlier in the day, but because of the size of the Blackberry screen, he could not see any further down than the stock photograph of the Changing of the Guards.

The man was there with me. He held Julia on his shoulders for far too many back-breaking minutes in an effort to help her see through the crowds. He followed me in a random zig-zag pattern through the masses in search of a better view. He held the camera as high as he could and randomly clicked the shutter in the hopes that we might be able to get a better look via the photos. He even, to his credit, managed to wait a good 15 minutes before suggesting that crowds were not his strong suit and perhaps we should consider finding some lunch. But did any of that experience factor in when he admired the perfectly-framed, not-another-tourist-in-sight photo on my blog? No, it did not.

"Hey," he said. "This is a great picture! I must have taken it..."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laughing. Laughing laughing.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Too funny :)

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Gawd! (said in my best Janice-from-Friends-voice...which you know has a distinct Southern twang to it) That is too funny. I am literally doubled over laughing. Surely he was kidding? Surely???

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gee, you sound like Kristen now talking about me with my blackberry. Paul and I should share notes. I believe Kristen has started to taking pictures of me around the globe using my Blackberry. She found the top of Masada to be particularly funny.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home