Friday, October 20, 2006

A timely conversation, given yesterday's post (alternate title: shyness rewarded)

Julia: "Ashley and I ran an errand for our music teacher today."

Me: "That's nice. How did you end up doing that?"

Julia: "She asked who wanted to go."

Me: (surprised) "And you... raised your hand?"

Julia: "No. A bunch of kids raised their hands, and that's how Ashley got picked. But then the teacher suggested I might like to go with her."

Me: "Did you want to go?"

Julia: "Yeah. I just didn't want to raise my hand."

Me: "Well, I think it's nice that she picked you. Do you think maybe you were being good in class and she wanted to recognize that?"

Julia: "Maybe. Being good here seems to mean being quiet. And I'm very good at being quiet in school."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't I mention the other day about how impressionable kids can be. See how she's picked up on it already!! It has always amazed me how different of a child Julia can be with adults than with other kids. Aidan's teachers always tell me what a wonderful, well-behaved child he is. I guess they don't see the tantrum that almost always occurs once we walk out the front door!!

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home