Monday, October 02, 2006

You have now entered the twilight zone. Please apply steam and press lightly.

After noticing the undeniable difference between Julia's washed-and-worn pinnies and the neatly pressed ones on her classmates, I have just bowed to the pressures of conformity and spent an inordinately long period of time ironing my daughter's school uniforms.

Ironing, yes. Me.

Grey flannel pleated pinafores. Yes, I said pleated.

No, as a matter of fact, I don't iron. How ever did you guess? (Something tells me, the teachers will be able to guess as well.)

This private school thing just gets more and more surreal...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. So, so sorry.

Can I send you some bon bons?

C

10:28 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I don't iron, either, preferring instead the "I just sat on an airplane for 12 hours" look.

And pleats? Oh my word.

Good luck...

12:36 AM  
Blogger Liesl said...

Pleats? Ironed? Have you a dry cleaner handy?

My heavens. What C said - I'm sorry.

1:12 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Ugh, so, so sorry. I second what Liesl said about a dry cleaner :) I so do not iron.

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not iron.

For Hanukkah, my husband bought me a clothes steamer. (He asked first, since it was an odd present. I said I never would've thought of it, but yes, I'd love one. He knew I hated ironing.)

I can't tell you how much I love having this. I never iron, but I can fix my wrinkled clothes without using the not terribly effective toss-in-a-dryer-with-something-damp trick.

This isn't a little hand-held steamer. It's a big, freestanding thingamajig. Take a look and see if you could use one.

4:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the steamer we have may be this one:

http://www.jiffysteamer.com/products/index.asp?steamerCatId=2

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home