Monday, November 20, 2006

While you're checking out my new flat...

... check out my new online digs, too! Thanks to Julie of Pilcrow Text & Design, I've finally got something in my life not designed by Ikea!

I first met Julie last summer when a freelance writing opportunity fell into my lap. I had no idea how to charge for the gig, and a mutual friend suggested that Julie might be able to advise me a bit. Julie was a terrific resource and I was so grateful to her for sharing her experience and expertise with me so readily. She didn't know me and had nothing to gain from helping me out, and yet she was instantly responsive and friendly and supportive. Her advice helped me to land a decent price for my work, at which point I promptly turned around and threw some of my earnings back at her to design this site!

I have to admit, I'm a lousy client. I gave Julie a half assed set of specs and fairly useless guidance, and yet she came back with a gorgeous design. I was so impressed with her talent and her professionalism, and I really enjoyed having the opportunity to work with her. If you're in the market for a designer, I highly recommend her work. But if you're in the market for a writer, I happen to know someone who now knows just what to charge... :)

Thanks, Julie!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Awwwsssoooommmmeeee!!!

Julie did NOT even hint she was doing something for you...how dare she not let me in on your secret. It looks GREAT!

K

6:32 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

WOW! I love it. :)

9:03 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

Wow! Julie is truly amazing - I looove it!

10:37 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Very nice! Now I want one too! She does great work.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love it!!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Beauuuuutiful. I love it. D.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really does look great.

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are most welcome, Rebecca!

And just for the record, she was anything BUT a lousy client! She waited patiently without once nagging or complaining even though this project took way longer than I said it would. And just because the specs changed slightly during the course of the job doesn't mean they were half-assed. :)

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home