Friday, November 16, 2007

I'm not sure I trust myself to give this one a title

Our downstairs neighbor Daniel turned 2 yesterday and we popped in for cake after dinner to help him celebrate. Ever the foolish adult who insists on trying to relate to uninterested children, I couldn't resist telling his older sister Arielle, "you know, I have a younger brother named Daniel, too."

I suspect I've probably made this particular attempt at bonding with Arielle before because she didn't look in the least surprised at this revelation. She gamely played along, though. "Is he 2 also?" she asked me.

"No," Julia jumped in before I could reply. "He's a grownup. And," she added, shooting a withering you really should know these things about your own brother look in my direction, "his real name is Uncle Dan."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that even though I am half way around the globe, my place in Julia's world is secure. Can't wait to see you guys next week.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Badness Jones said...

Don't you love being told off by your own children? :)

7:26 PM  
Blogger Patois42 said...

Really, though, she's right. You should know. And I love that Uncle Dan reads your blog.

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Popped in" for cake . . . you have soaked up so many Britishisms! No doubt they'll be part of you forever.

I love Julia correcting you -- I have a feeling there's a LOT of that in your future, with a girl like her!

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home