Monday, November 27, 2006

Cannot. Blog. Must. Complete. Holiday. Shopping.

All around me, Londoners seem blissfully unaware of the fact that this week is so different than last week. But I am an American, and I know that Thanksgiving is the invisible line in the sand. Last week, it didn't matter that I had yet to begin even making holiday lists or plans. I had all the time in the world. And then we ate turkey, and suddenly I realized just how behind I was. I began researching scooters and hunting for Little Einsteins paraphernalia and purchasing coloring books as if my life depended on it. I? Was in holiday mode. Big time.

I thought that I was doing pretty well. In 3 days, I managed to cross a heck of a lot of things off of my list. The Amazon boxes have already started to arrive by the boatload. "Maybe this won't be so bad this year," I thought. And then today, a friend handed me my first holiday card (she's American of course). Sigh.

Cannot. Blog. Must. Take. Holiday. Photo.

Is it January yet?

2 Comments:

Blogger Suburban Hippie said...

Sweetie! Don't stress on it -- these first months in London are all about going easy on yourself. Get your kids covered and let the rest of it come as it will. You are definitely entitled to take a year off from being Mother Christmas!

6:13 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

I don't know if Amazon Prime exists in the UK, but I got a free trial just for Dec. It is the best :-). I might have to pony up and pay the yearly fee....it is almost instant gratification...

Don't worry, it will all be fine. You sound terribly organized compared to where I am at, and I don't have the "moved to a new country" excuse!

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home