Friday, December 01, 2006

A rookie mistake

So... if one had a certain type of hair product that one simply couldn't live without.

And... if one forgot to bring extra tubes of said product on an extended journey overseas to, I don't know, London, maybe?

And... if one didn't want to bother family or friends with purchasing and shipping such a frivolous item and therefore took it upon herself to locate and purchase said item from an online vendor who offered international shipping?

Then... one should not be too self congratulatory too soon. Because about a week after the arrival of said hair product, one could apparently expect to receive an invoice from FedEx for an absolutely astronomical sum of money. One would then discover that all boxes shipped from the States that are not clearly marked as "gift" are subject to unbelievably high duty and tax fees. And one would suddenly be in possession of the. most. expensive. hair. product. ever.

And... one's hair would still be frizzy despite the use of the. most. expensive. hair. product. ever. Because London weather = frizzy hair pretty much no matter what.

This has been a public service message brought to you by "one."

10 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

c'mon. You HAVE to tell us how much you paid, sum total. You HAVE to. (And next time, ask me to send you some and I'll mark GIFT all over it ;-)

6:19 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Next time just ask....:-).

You didn't check the shipping BEFORE you ordered????

7:20 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Oh, come on. What do you take me for? I DID check the shipping and it was bearable. It was the bill I received a week AFTER the already-paid-for package arrived... a bill from Fed Ex, which delivered the package and now wants to be reimbursed another 28 bucks in fees and duty that rendered me completely screwed.

Rest assured that next time I will be hitting you up.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Um, yeah. How does 90 bucks for hair texturizer strike you?

(In my defense, I did get 4 tubes of the stuff. Should last me well into 2008...)

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this the same stuff you asked me to bring you??? I bought 2 tubes.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Yikes. Well, at least you're stocked up now! And, yeah, I would have sent it to you too ;)

2:53 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Holy moly. And if we ever do come to London on holiday and don't happen to ask you what you need, please speak up, 'kay ;-)

3:00 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

90 bucks!!? Holy expensive hair. How much does it cost to recover from a heart attack over there? AND, did you tell your husband? ;)

8:11 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Girlfriend, if you don't want to bother family and friends...bother ME!!!! Please! Ouch!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Well, since the hubby reads the blog, I guess he knows now. :)

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home