Friday, December 07, 2007

It is around this time every year that I begin to wonder whether perhaps my time and talents might be better utilized by a return to the workforce



Double layered on heavy cardstock, people. This year's invites are double layered things of beauty. (Of course, that's only because I misjudged my printer's ability to handle such heavy cardstock, but I want the credit for making the effort anyway.) I could have been planning major press tours or writing brilliantly pithy copy right this very moment, but no -- I left that all behind for the joy and rewarding work of raising my children. I can't ever get these years when my children are young back, and I don't want to miss them... remember that line? Yeah. Well now I also can't get back the gazillion hours of my life spent painstakingly hand-assembling invitations to a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory themed party guaranteed to impress which will hopefully hold the interest of the 6 year old crowd.

Do you suppose it would be overkill to whip up some nice media materials the way I used to when organizing events? Perhaps some salient talking points might help to help reinforce the key messages of this occasion. Julia is 6. Guests may celebrate by consuming copious amounts of candy. I need a resume and an interview suit. There. I think that sums it all up nicely.

7 Comments:

Blogger Victoria said...

Fabulous invite! And what a wonderful theme for a party - my Boy (7) would love it!

Excuse me while I return to writing pithy copy and pimping out my company's most recent "sponsored event" and whoring myself out for branded radio-trade-for-mentions...

Wanna trade places today?

=)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Love these invitations and I'm super impressed! :) And I'm REALLY impressed that her party is a month away - yet you've already done invites while my almost-two-year-old's party is in 2 weeks and I've not done a damn thing about them. ;)

2:50 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Love the invites! I'm sure all of the kids will have a blast!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Patois42 said...

Are you sure this isn't "Somewhere Over the Fence?" I hear you, I hear you.

12:13 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Best. Mom. Ever. Those are awesome. As is the party theme!

But please don't tell me you've already planned J's January party?? Because my T's birthday happens to be the exact date of J's party and I haven't so much as given it a thought.

Hmm...are you interested in a side job of sorts? Because it seems I have a party to plan...

*grin*

12:25 AM  
Blogger Badness Jones said...

You're too funny....I have all kinds of great ideas for the kids parties, it's in the execution that I lose steam....

9:11 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

Wow, that is one heck of an invitation. I can't wait to hear about the actual party!

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home